The article alleges that Harry had offered to pay for police protection himself, but the UK government refused, and attempted to cover up a separate legal case against him.
Prince Harry’s lawyers urged a judge on Friday to rule that a tabloid had insulted the prince by writing an article about Harry and his family’s desire for police protection during their visits to the UK. Harry is suing Associated Newspapers Ltd, the publisher of the Mail on Sunday, over the article. The article alleges that Harry had offered to pay for police protection himself, but the UK government refused, and attempted to cover up a separate legal case against him.
During a hearing at London’s High Court, Harry’s top attorney asked Judge Matthew Nickin to either reject the publisher’s defense arguments or pass a summary judgment, a settlement in favor of Prince Harry without going to trial. Will be Lawyer Justin Rushbrook said the publisher’s defense of arguments that the article presented an honest opinion was not supported by the facts. Harry was not in court at the time of the hearing.
Prince Harry and his wife Meghan, who took the title of Duke of Sussex, lost government-funded police protection when they gave up their rights as senior working royals in 2020 and moved to North America. The Prince, 38, wanted to pay for his own police protection when he arrived in the UK, but the government said this was not possible. Last year, a judge allowed Harry to sue the government in the case. The hearing in the case has not started yet. Harry has sued the Associated Newspaper over an article published in February 2022.
Disclaimer:Prabhasakshi has not edited this news. This news has been published from PTI-language feed.